- The wrong people often look after domains. Often domains are registered, in a well meaning way, to the name of whoever has the credit card or does the donkey work for someone else. People need to think more carefully about who goes on their registration documents. This all gets even more problematic when a third party (or sometimes a supply chain with even more steps in it) is involved. If you don’t know who “owns” and who “controls” your domains, look into it.
- Domain companies need to speak plain English. Ever got an email form a domain or hosting company? Could you understand it? No? So what do you do? Scan to the call to action; perform the action; move on unawares of what you have done and why. Every time a CRM system spits out an email to a customer, it’s an opportunity to explain what’s happening clearly, yet most of the time, that opportunity is lost.
Hello BIRMINGHAM CITY UNIVERSITY,The transfer and renewal of your domain name, XXXXXXXXX is not yet complete at this time. Reason:
1) The Domain name is currently in a “REGISTRAR-LOCK” status with your current registrar XXXXXXXX.
2) We require that you provide us with an EPP Key/Authorization Code from your current registrar In order to complete the transfer and renewal, the “REGISTRAR-LOCK” status needs to be removed and an EPP Key/Authorization code needs to be obtained. Please see below for instructions on achieving this. Solution:
– Log into your account with your current registrar, and change the status of your domain,XXXXXXXXXXX, from “locked” to “active”. – Then look for the EPP Key or Authorization Code. Alternate Solution:
– Call your current registrar, XXXXXXXXX. (see phone number below) and ask them to remove the lock status of your domain name, give you your EPP Key, and allow the transfer to Domain Registry of America. – Once done please notify us that you have done so, by clicking on the link below, or calling our toll-free number below.
https://namejuice.com/agree.asp?e=xxxxxxxxxx We will then re-attempt the transfer and renewal of your domain name.
As a convenience, we have supplied your current registrars phone number below. Domain: XXXXXXXXXX
Current Registrar: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Registrar Phone Number: Please visit their site to contact them Transfer Department
Domain Registry of America
Toll free 1-866-434-0212 or for International Callers, dial +1(905)479-2533 4/29/2010 4:03:36 AM