I hadn’t realised that the theatre space at Custard Factory had opened again and is poised to do lots of interesting things (because basically, I don’t get out much so I don’t find out things).
A friend had his birthday party there last night (he rented the screen, we watched Top Secret, it was a great night) and that gave me a chance to get reacquainted with the joint.
They’ve a really nice bar space in front of a 101-seater auditorium, all of which can be hired for parties or events. They will shortly, I’m told, be showing some independent and art house cinema in partnership with the London based Curzon.
Over the next few weeks The Mockingbird is running a number of free screenings of cult classics:
- They Live tonight, Tuesday 20th January, 7:30pm
- Dr Strangelove, Wednesday 21st, 7:00pm
- Dune, Thursday 22nd, 7:00pm
- The Warriors, Friday 23rd, 7:00pm
- Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa, Monday 26th, 7:00pm
- Blue Ruin, Tuesday 27th, 7:00pm
- Withnail & I, Wednesday 28th, 7:00pm
- Moon, Friday 30th, 7:00pm
There’s a free drink at each screening too (coffee, tea, soft drink) and a triple feature on Saturday 31st January: Citizen Kane (1:00pm), Blade Runner (4:00pm), Apocalypse Now! (7:00pm).