Ok, so I have a half-baked idea and you might be able to help before I actually throw it together.
When I was a lad we always used to have a flutter on Grand National Day. I’ve not done that for a long time now. I’ve become increasingly uneasy with the idea of the Grand National with each passing year to the point where I’m a bit said that I ever took the pound my Mum gave me and chose a horse. The debate around this race and racing in general seems to be picking up too, or maybe I’m just tuned into it now.
Anyway, what I’m thinking is this:
- Tomorrow I’m going to give a donation to a horse sanctuary – it’s my own each-way bet on the nags, and I think I’ve picked a winner
- I thought “if I tweet about that other people might too”
- I then thought “I could set up a Just Giving Page for it”
- I then mentioned it to some friends and the idea of a sweepstake emerged, so we could give a prize to one person who donates
Is this a good idea? I dunno. I’ll do a donation anyway. Here are my questions:
- Does this make sense?
- Is it useful?
- What shall we call it?
- Who can offer a prize?
- Prize idea 1: a “vintage” Totopoly set from someone’s loft
- Prize idea 2: a case of booze from a booze brand who wants to do something guerilla to spoiler John Smith’s sponsorship of the event.
Let me know, and I’ll do WHATEVER YOU SAY